Healthcare Finance 101: Financial Intelligence for Clinical Leaders and Practitioners
This special pre-conference workshop is designed to bring you up to speed on healthcare finance terms and
practices so that you are well-situated to get the most from the two day conference to follow.
Note: Bilingual speakers will be on hand - questions in Spanish encouraged.
Rising healthcare cost and the implementation of the ACA in 2010 shifted the way providers engage payers and patients. As a busy clinical leaders and practitioners, you face ever increasing challenges in managing your medical practices and making key decisions under ACO model. Like many clinicians and leaders in healthcare organizations, you may feel uncomfortable incorporating the healthcare financials into your day-to-day operations.
This session is specifically designed for clinical leaders and practitioners to provide essentials of healthcare financial management and measurement, as well as hands-on activities to enhance your learning.
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Understand how the U.S. healthcare financing systems work
- Apply healthcare financial tools in your daily work
- Understand what the healthcare financial statements are really telling you
- Understand how to use financial ratios and data to assess financial health
- Know how to calculate return-on-investment (ROI)
- Utilize financial data to understand cost and revenue drivers and Cost-Volume-Profit (CVP)
- Understand the basics of the revenue cycle management
Industry Fellow, Center for Digital Transformation, Faculty, The Paul Merage School of Business, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE